True, but aiming for a full frame sensor this time around. Compared to other Nikons, I found it a little tricky to find without looking, and insensitive when I wanted to hit record. How to Find Your Camera’s Shutter Actuation Count. Most can't tell the difference between 42MP and 24 MP, esp those interested in a lower priced more entry level FF. The light in his face is pretty hot. Thanks for posting an example, Bolton. My Z50 focuses faster and better than the Z5. The Z5 is also a great value. The D750, Z5, D780 and Z6 do not all share the same or similar sensors. That's why reviewers here and elsewhere spend so much time talking about the video performance of mirrorless cameras. The D780 replaced the earlier Nikon D750, while the Z6 does not have a direct predecessor. I like the concept of a stills-oriented camera that saves money by having a light video spec. In lower light conditions, using it with the 70-200mm, autofocus was positive and reactive. Let’s compare the Nikon D780 vs. Nikon Z6 full frame cameras. * Camera focuses stopped down in AF-C, often crippling AF at small apertures or in low light. The A7R II was from September, 2015 and state of the art when launched, so wouldn’t call it a relic - compared to a Z5. > the Z5 is impressive in that the differences between it and Z6 are pretty minor. Like the D850, the battery life is not long – and I am a user who never has the LCD screen illuminated on the back of the camera unless I want it. bigger. The D750, Z5, D780 and Z6 do not all share the same or similar sensors. The only difference is on the right side – since the Z5 has dual SD card slots, its memory card door is a bit taller in comparison. In the $1300 gray / $1.400 US price range of the Z5, Sony only offers the A7R II ($1.300), which isn't bad, at all. I've noticed the phrase "camera for stills photography" cropped up recently with Canon. Nikon Z7 body: $3,396.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. I took some of my best photos with entry-level cameras :). Then there is the,... kit lens, and it's limited zoom range. Nikon D850: $3,296.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. The Z6 and D780 share a more advanced 24MP BSI sensor. I was not happy. The ergonomics of the Sony a7RII are also pretty bad, worse than the models that came later as Sony tweaked stuff to respond to criticism. Seconding the folks praising the 24-70. Additionally, I found I had to repeatedly touch the screen on my phone to prevent wireless going to sleep. Nikon has kind of brought its design philosophy from the Z50 to the Z5, and that's a good thing. The Laowa 15mm F4.5 Zero-D Shift lens lets you shift perspective without moving the camera, correct for converging lines and more. A7c deserves a mention under “Compared to its peers” though. While the Z6 got third place out of the three the word "mediocre" was never said once in the autofocus chunk of the video. That should have been the camera they released in the first place. Z6 is in a higher category. My French friends would be rioting in the street if they had to pay 70 Euros the head for any medical procedure! Check Nikon Camera Deals: Z7 II, Z6 II, Z7, Z6, Z5, Z50, D850, D810, D780, D750, D500, D7500, D5600, D3500; Save up to $1,000 Off on Nikon F-mount & Z-mount Lenses – at B&H Photo Video & Adorama & Amazon; Up to $1,300 Off on Nikon Z7 Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Deals at B&H Photo/Adorama/Amazon Planning to treat yourself to a new full-frame camera this holiday season? You can't compare Cooper (Fuji) to Landcruiser (Z6). Sigma's new primes promise very good performance and light weight, when paired with L-mount and Sony E-mount mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The title says it all..the best VALUE stills-oriented full framer. The Sony system has the advantage of being older and therefore many of the R&D costs have been paid for, so they can sell the lenses for less. Judging by the large number of Anti-Nikon Trolls panicking over this camera, It must be very good, Surprised nikon has any money left in their budget to pay dpreview for this biased review. In fact I would venture to say that most entry level buyers prefer the lower resolution of 24MP...easier to work with on your computers. Vaporware no more: the much-speculated-about Zeiss ZX1 has arrived. stand-up to A7RII un-cropped 4K. Sounds like a Fuji Fan Boy response. The RP was closer to my budget and is smaller & lighter. The Sigma 65mm F2 DG DN is for the photographer who wants a focal length that falls squarely between 50mm and 85mm. There you can see the logic in buying the RP, you have to pay 30% more for the Z5 or 40% if both are US versions. No built in flash is a mystery. If you're just joining us, the 937 posts below seem to generally tilt toward the Z5 being a nice camera (I agree), but: a.) Most people shop to a budget and see what features they can get. The thing though is that there are few, if any, FE lens I’d rather have than it’s Nikon Z mount counterpart. Reasons to choose Nikon Z5 over Nikon D750. :). They acknowledged their mistake themselves. That seems like a pretty ridiculous blanket statement. But niceties like a top plate display are absent. While they were out shooting their video about Sigma's new lenses, Chris and Jordan filled up a memory card with photos from the 35mm F2 DG DN using Panasonic bodies. We've combed through the options and selected our two favorite cameras in this class. Anyone who caries around a camera and doesn't want to carry a flash gun just to get some occasional fill flash. How do you know? Nikon Z5 vs Z7 vs Z6 vs D780 vs D850: Nikon Z5 body: $1,396.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Doesn't that affect the result? Once you see it, it's almost impossible to unsee it. The Nikon kit lens for the Z5 is the worst I've seen for any full frame - only 24mm @ F4 to 50mm @ F6.3 ! Can't compared this directly to A7C which is a different category of FF on its own. Not to mention the build quality and durability is suspect. (Part 1) I just returned mine. Canon couldn’t even believe the orders of them coming in. They should also offer a 70-300mm equivalent to the FX lens. There are many bargains to be had with the old lenses, such as D-class lenses. So if you compare the weight/bulk/cost of the 3 systems for an uncompromised set of lenses mixing primes and zooms, the Nikon comes out as the clearly better option. Sort: Clear All. Except for the D780 which people say is good because Nikon borrowed its video from the Z6. I can control the image without removing my eye, changing ISO, aperture and shutter speed as well as adjusting exposure compensation. Related articles. This may not be important at all for you. One practical thing you will have to do, upon immediate purchase of this camera, is buy another battery or two. They lost money for 10 years after buying K-M. The Z5 Body costed yesterday into Germany 1295 EUR, so a hell cheaper than the Z6, and especially A7 III. They are similar in so many ways yet very different. And for the record, I've only posted a little over 300 comments in an entire year, since I do have a life outside this little world... > Most can't tell the difference between 42MP and 24 MP...if you're legally blind! DPReview has completed their video review for the Nikon Z5 mirrorless camera. Upon relating his negative experience with third party adapters and Sony bodies, it sounds like Uncoy did answer that question. Why do people keep saying RP is cheaper so therefore it must be the best VALUE full framer? "Thoughts" is paid to post pro-Canon and anti-Sony propaganda. Nikon full frame vs Fuji APS-C is a good laugh. I had the 300D, 400D, 550D, 1000D into my hands from friends, and always thought heck - seriously, it doesn't suit me, i can't work with this, vs. a 2-digit D Series back into it's heyday. Its not good at all. I had Panasonic FZ2000 as well as Mamiya RZ67. If not, and if you’re good with Nikon Z lens lineup or have G/E lenses, would go with the Z5. Hoping for the best for nikon. Sony is the mainstay? The Z6 and D780 share a more advanced 24MP BSI sensor. Over ISO 100, detail in colour pictures is much better than anything one can wheedle out of an APS-C Fujifilm camera. There is ZERO in common with third party adapters. Live Chat. Chris and Jordan take a look at the new Sigma 35mm F2 and 65mm F2. Nikon D780 Body: $2,296.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. For me, I just needed to know when ISO levels dictate when to go home. 24-50 is hard to find on it's own right now i think, so you should be able to get a decent price for it. @Ninja Flyer, Canon and Sony are making smaller, lighter and better lenses. I shoot video only occasionally and am not interested in 4k. Don’t know about that but the dynamic range of Z6 seems pretty good. Before buying Z6 I also did my comparison with Fuji models (I believe it was E3) and decided that full frame is a way to go. Enter the Ulanzi ST-09, an adjustable mount that allows you to turn an Apple Watch into a live viewfinder on the rear of your iPhone. In other words, it's a waste of time to read his posts. If you have older Nikon autofocus lenses that require a motor in the camera those will autofocus with optical Nikon dSLRs but not the FTZ. That's such a lame lie. There is only 6 … Also, it is not "the best value stills-oriented full-framer" camera out there, that honor currently belongs to the 42 megapixel BSI-sensor Sony A7R II, currently on sale for $1,298 (price range in 2020 has been from $1,298 to $1,798). Read more: Best Lenses for Nikon Z5 and Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z5… Product Store Price; ... SmallRig Z5 Z6 Z7 Dslr Cage for Nikon Z5/Z6/Z7 Camera Cage With Cold Shoe/NATO Rail Video Shooting Camera Cage DIY Kit - 2972: $49.56: Get the deal: Share. Here are some of our favorites. The Z5 is an insanely bad value compared to the less expensive A7RII. Both have hybrid AF systems and the A7R II actually has more points than the Z5. The Z6 was from August, 2018 and it wasn’t quite state of the art when announced. Wow, this mantra of "adapted lenses are bad" is tedious. Further information on the two cameras (e.g. It has a very nice sensor and will be great for landscape or static subjects. I was talking about the Sony A7RII. The autofocus is much faster and reliable in the Z50. It's not a bad camera, really. The D750, Z5, D780 and Z6 do not all share the same or similar sensors. The D750 and Z5 have similar sensors, which are conventional FSI 24MP EXMOR sensors. I actually like using a DSLR body and see very little advantage with mirror less since the size isn’t dramatically different and I can use F mount lenses without an adapter. Impressive! Camera makers need to make more compelling FF at the 2k level if they want buyers to buy in. In the USA, be sure your box has a "US" after "D780 BK" above the UPC code. Nikon Z5 review: the best value stills-oriented full-framer, https://www.nikon.fr/fr_FR/product/digital-cameras/mirrorless/enthusiast/z-5-24-200-kit, https://www.nikon.fr/fr_FR/product/digital-cameras/mirrorless/enthusiast/z-5, https://fujilove.com/zooms-vs-primes-productivity-vs-style/. ;-) All I know is I’m happy I refunded the X-T4 with 16-80mm and replaced it with the Z5 + 24-200mm. But that is not what you’re paying for with this camera; it still feels solid – it just won’t dent the pavement before denting the camera if you drop it, unlike the D5 and D4. Nikon provides the same subtlety with skin tone but in its default colours, skin tones will have a strong yellow cast. I ran mine in video mode spitting out HDMI output for five hours straight yesterday and nothing went wrong. They are crap! Comparing Nikon Z5 vs Nikon D780 . I understand that it's quite a bit more expensive than the Z5. I guess it's true what they say...you get what you paid for. I also bought the camera after this review. Print Email. Then talk. There are people that lost two SD cards at once.Everywhere I look I see people bashing Z6/Z7 for single card slot,and when Z5 comes out - the R/RP is better alternative and it has a single SD! Canon RP is currently the cheapest, but then IQ is compromised with limited DR. Nikon D780 (Body) Digital SLR Camera vs Nikon Z5 (Body) Mirrorless Camera vs Nikon Z6 (Body) Mirrorless Camera vs Samsung Galaxy M51 comparison on basis of zoom, sensor, connectivity, battery, resolution, reviews & ratings and much more with full phone specifications at Gadgets Now Another difference to note, which is not visible in the image, is the lower resolution of the LCD screen on the Z5. RP! @ bernardlang the Z5 is not destined to be a guaranteed success, dual card slots or not - this is not a professional level camera and as such is fairly expensive. Like, wow, the last 4 years of mirrorless product and yall still dont get it? only, a dim-lit, small PentaMirror OVF, instead of a bright Pentaprism one, no decent Al-mg Body build Quality, no Top Shoulder Display, etc. The Nikon Z5 sells for $1399 body-only, $1699 kitted with the new 24-50mm F4-6.3 lens and $2199 kitted with the 24-200 F4-6.3 VR. Here's why he thinks it's such a tempting camera – and why he may buy one in 12 months' time. Photographer and YouTuber Todd Dominey has shared a video that details the history of Kodak Aerochrome film, a film stock he says has 'an origin story unlike any other.'. If you can live with XQD, Z6 is absolutely the best value, it has the same sensor as the mighty A7m3.When the Z6 came out I had a look, I loved it, and if it were not that stupid XQD, I would have bought one. Now, as the year winds down, we're highlighting some of our standout products of the year. Good point, stills photography is such a niche these days, who buys a camera just for that ;)As mentioned by cosmicnode, if the camera was great at video also it might have got 90+. vs. Nikon Z7. Nikon D780 (Body) Digital SLR Camera vs Nikon Z5 (Body) Mirrorless Camera vs Nikon Z6 (Body) Mirrorless Camera vs Samsung Galaxy M51 comparison on basis of zoom, sensor, connectivity, battery, resolution, reviews & ratings and much more with full phone specifications at Gadgets Now